How asking questions affect your Social Media engagement
Asking questions is a great way to spark conversation, make people feel involved, create a sense of community and thus increase social media engagement. People love sharing their experiences and asking questions makes it easy for them to come forth and share what they think.
So, the next question here is what to ask 🤔
We have compiled a list of 150 questions to ask on Social Media based on various categories 😍
Social Media 📱
These questions are meaningful and will help you understand your audience and their Social Media behaviour better.
- What comes to your mind when you hear the word Social Media Engagement?
- Has Social media made your life better? How?
3. On which Social Network do you get lowest/ highest engagement? Ever figured out why?
4. Which of your posts got the maximum engagement in the last week? Share a link to your post, if you can.
5. Share a tip or two for getting better Social Media engagement.
6. Did you know the potential of Social media when you first start using it? What were your initial thoughts on Social Media?
7. Tell us one social media skill you’re good at and one that you want to improve.
8. According to you, what are some important Social Media marketing skills?
9. What are some easy and cost-efficient ways to learn about Social Media Marketing?
10. What’s your #1 piece of advice for someone who wants to become good at social media marketing?
11. What do you enjoy more — posting stories or watching stories? Why?
12. What are some ways of making your stories more engaging?
13. Do you plan your stories content in advance? What do you usually post?
14. What according to you is the upside/downside of stories vs your regular feed?
15. Which Social Network do you check first? Why?
16. How much time do you spend replying and reacting to all your Social mentions?
17. On which network do you post on regular basis? Why?
18. Do you have a daily Social Media routine? How you usually go about it?
19. If you could change one thing about your Social Media routine, what will it be?
20. Does your mood affect your behaviour on Social Media? How?
Social Media Multiple Choice Questions 🔢
These questions do even better because it is easy to pick one option and if you want you can turn them into polls!
21. What’s your favourite story element?
a. Snapchat filters
b. Instagram stickers
22. When do you check the Social updates first time in the day?
a. As soon as I get up
b. Not till afternoon
c. All-time, anytime
23. Which out of these is your favourite part of Social Media?
b. Visual Design/Images
c. Public speaking (Videos/ live)
24. Which platform do you think is the best for Stories
25. How would you rate your current engagement on Twitter?
c. Not bad
d. Could be better
e. Someone talk to me
26. How do you spark a conversation?
a. Ask questions
b. Post and wait for replies/ likes
c. Engage with other accounts
27. How do you curate content?
a. I have an app for it
d. Other (Share)
28. How much time do you spend analysing your Social Metrics?
a. Few minutes/day
b. Less than one hour/week
c. More than one hour/week
Would You Rather 🤔
These questions are fun and as your audience need to choose one of the given options, the chances of them replying are higher.
29. Would you rather post on Twitter or on Instagram? Why?
30. Would you rather live alone in a beautiful countryside or work hard and live in the city around the people you love? Why?
31. For the rest of your life, would you rather be unable to use search engines or unable to use social media? Why?
32. Would you rather give up bathing for a month or give up the internet for a month?
33. Would you rather receive a free world tour opportunity or never have to pay for food at restaurants?
34. Would you rather have 10M followers on Instagram or find true love? Why?
35. Would you rather dress-up or be casual? Why?
36. Would you rather: travel with a group, solo travel, or meet other travellers along the way? What’s your pick and why?
37. Would you rather go shopping with someone or by yourself?
Fun/Generic questions 🤗
38. Describe yourself in three words.
39. Share your favourite movie and favourite song.
40. What’s the last picture you clicked? Share it with us.
41. Favourite food? When did you last eat it?
42. If you had access to a time machine where and when would you go?
43. What are your top 3 most used apps?
44. What do you usually share on Social Media?
45. What’s the first word that comes to your mind when we say “passion?”
46. If you could win any award what would it be, why?
47. What’s the last link you shared you on social media?
48. What’s your most used emoji?
49. Give the person above (in this thread) a compliment.
More questions based on specific topics 👇
Healthy Eating 🍓
50. Are you a healthy eater? (Yes/No/Mostly) What motivates you to eat healthy?
51. How important do you think is other people’s support in helping you eat healthy? Share!
52. What’s your favourite healthy snack/food? Share a GIF for it, if you can.
53. If you had to make one change in your eating style it would be to:
a. Cut down sugar
b. Eat 2 servings of fruit
c. Cut down carbs
d. Have raw food
54. When do you usually eat something?
a. When you’re hungry
b. When you’re tempted
d. When you see something interesting
55. What is your favourite form of entertainment?
a. Watching a movie
b. Playing a game
c. Watching YouTube videos
d. Talking to a friend
e. Creating something fun
56. Do you consider yourself an entertainer or prefer being the audience? Why?
57. What’s your idea of a fun, entertaining weekend?
58. If you were into the entertainment business would you be a:
a. Reality star
59. Can entertainment be educational? Share your thoughts!
60. Who is your favourite entertainer? Share!
Good deeds 👼
61. Do you think you should do a good deed for someone in order to make their day better? Is it important?
62. Tell us one good thing someone did for you that brought a smile to your face.
63. If you could organise a good deed project what will it be
a. Cleaning a neighbourhood
b. Do a charity auction
c. Feed the needy
d. Tree plantation
64. What kind of things can you do to bring a smile to anyone’s face-
a. Give them a compliment
b. Hold the door for them
c. Wish someone a good day
d. Give them a flower
e. Give them a smile
d. Offer them a lift
65. Would you do a good deed even if you got no acknowledgement? Why?
66. Tell us one good thing you did for someone that brought a smile to your face?
Fill In The Blanks ✔️
67. My favourite way to relax after a long day is ______.
68. _____ always makes me smile.
69. 1 year ago, my favourite Social Media platform was ______ but now it is ___________.
70. If I could snap my fingers and be the CEO of an existing company, I’d be the CEO of _____ because _____.
71. My favourite thing about my life right now is _____.
72. What is the favourite piece of technology that you own?
73. What according to you was the best invention of the last 50 years?
74. Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated? Share your thoughts!
75. What piece of technology would look like magic or a miracle to people in the medieval age?
76. What technology from a science fiction movie would you most like to have?
77. Which is the one technology that has made the world a better place?
Your phone 🤳
78. What are the three most used apps on your phone?
79. Which app seemed like magic the first time you used it? Why did it feel so?
80. How many apps do you have on your phone? Which one do you use the least and why?
81. What is the most useful app on your phone? Share your favourite thing about this app.
82. Remember the time before all these apps? If you could, would you go back to that time? Why?
83. If you could make an app, what would you make it for?
84. Which app seemed like magic the first time you used it?
85. How many apps do you have on your phone?
86. What is the most useful app on your phone?
87. What apps have changed your life a lot?
88. If you could make any app, what will you make an app for?
89. How much free time do you usually have for yourself every week?
90. How do you spend your free/leisure time?
a. Take a walk
b. Read a book
d. Watch Netflix
e. Talk to a friend
f. Some other
91. If we all worked fewer hours a week, we would have more time to spend on leisure activities. What activities would you like to indulge in?
92. Is there something you wish to do/start but don’t have too much time for? Share!
93. Does spending some leisure time help you become more productive? How?
94. Describe your idea of a perfect day.
95. What is your favourite Christmas memory?
96. Which is your favourite Christmas movie / TV show episode?
97. Have you ever been someone’s Secret Santa? What did you give them?
98. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
b. Family time
99. What’s the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
100. Did you believe in Santa as a child? Why/ Why not?
101. What is your favourite Christmas song or carol?
102. You have been granted one Christmas wish…what will it be?
103. What do you usually eat for Christmas dinner in your country?
104. What traditions do you have during the Christmas season?
105. Where do you usually spend Christmas? Where would you rather be?
106. Share one of your favourite Christmas pictures from your camera roll.
107. Where were you born? What was your hometown like?
108. Did you enjoy where you grew up? What were your favourite things around you while growing up?
109. Did where you grew up shape you as a person? How?
110. When was the last time you visited your hometown? How was it?
111. What are the things around you that remind you of your hometown?
112. Do you have a picture of your hometown? Share!
113. Do you like shopping? What do you like shopping for and where?
114. Does social media influence the way you shop? How?
115. How often do you window shop? Would you rather go shopping with someone or by yourself?
116. Do you prefer shopping online or in store? What is the one rule you follow while shopping?
117. Have you ever saved money to buy something you want? What was it?
118. What was your last buy/purchase? Share pictures!
119. What does gratitude mean to you? What are some ways in which you express gratitude?
120. What material possessions are you grateful for?
121. What are two things that happened this week that you’re grateful for?
122. Are there things that you think you’ve taken for granted that you should be grateful for?
123. What is different today than it was a year ago that you’re grateful for?
124. Who are the people around you that you’re grateful for? This is your chance to let them know — send a text, give them a call?
125. Do you think creativity is important? How do you practice creativity in your personal and professional life?
126. How do you push yourself to be more creative every day?
127. Creativity can be found everywhere. Where have you found your creative spark most recently?
128. What’s the most creative project you’ve undertaken so far? Is it somewhere on the Internet? Share a link to it.
129. What are some of the biggest barriers to creativity that you’ve come across?
130. Being creative can be rewarding but sometimes it could get frustrating. How do you overcome this frustration?
131. What comes to your mind when you think of Space?
132. What are some of your favourite Space movies that you’ve seen in the past?
133. Do you think there are intelligent aliens in our galaxy? Why/why not?
134. If you could have a faster than the light spaceship and could go anywhere in space, where would you go?
135. What do you think life will be like 10 / 25 / 50 / 100 years from today? Will there be colonies in the Space? Share your thoughts!
136. If you could take only 3 things with you to Space, what would those be?
137. What comes to your mind when you hear the word “Famous”?
138. Do you want to be famous? If yes, then for what?
139. Have you ever seen someone famous in real life? How was the experience?
140. What do you think are the biggest upsides and downsides to being famous?
141. If you could be famous for one day what would you do or change around you?
142. Which famous celebrity do you admire? Why?
143. How comfortable are you with change? Why/why not?
144. Have you made any recent changes in your life?
145. What do you think about the speed of change happening in the world today?
146. What do you think has been the biggest change that has happened in the last few years?
147. What’s one thing that you think needs to be changed in the world or around you?
148. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
149. Are you good at learning new things? Are you an active learner or a passive learner?
150. What are some things you are interested in learning more about?
Sometimes simple questions are enough to drive engagement. You don’t need words, emojis might be enough!
151. 💪 or 😴?
152. 🍎 or 🍕?
153. 🥗 or 🥘?
154. 🍩 or 🍉?
155. 🏃♀️ or 🚗?
156. 🐶 or 😺?
157. 🚂 or ✈️?
158. 🌊 or 🏔?
159. ⛈ or ☀️?
160. ☃️ or 🌈?
You get the drift, right!
Use these questions as is or tweak them, change them or change the tone to match your Social Media voice.
57 Fun Questions To Ask Your Followers + Boost Engagement
- (For a big event like Super Bowl or World Series) Who are you rooting for tonight?
- What is the one thing in your morning/bedtime routine you can not give up?
- If you could travel back in time – what year would you choose and why?
- What five things could you not live without?
- What are you most thankful for today?
- I’m inspired by _________.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- My favorite social network is__________.
- My all-time favorite book is __________.
- If I could be anywhere right now, it would be__________.
- What is your favorite sport and who is your favorite team?
- Would you rather be famous or the best friend of someone famous?
- Would you rather hike a mountain or lay on the beach?
- Would you rather have a personal chef or a maid?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- It’s lunchtime – what is your fail-proof, always a “good choice” restaurant/food choice?
- What’s your all-time favorite book?
- What’s your dream travel destination?
- What is your favorite time of the year and why?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Who is your favorite Disney/cartoon character and why?
- What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- What is your favorite knock-knock or “cheesy dad” joke?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What was the last thing you got really excited about?
- What is your superpower?
- If you could pick a superpower- what would it be?
- If you were a superhero, who would you be?
- What famous person in history would you love to meet?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What is your ideal date night?
- If you could only have one app on your phone, what would it be?
- If you could only listen to one genre of music, what would it be?
- What one thing do you hope to accomplish this week?
- What one food could you not live without?
- Are you a cat or dog lover?
- Tea or coffee?
- Quiet night at home with a book or out on the town with friends?
- Are you a saver or a spender?
- Are you a night owl or an early bird? (this is a great way to figure out when your audience is online most – and best “times” to post)
- Salty snack or sweet treat?
- If you could run away for a day and do anything you want, what would you do?
- If you could retire tomorrow, what would you do?
- If you could star in any TV show throughout history, what would it be and who would you be?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere for free, where would it be and why?
- If you could interview one person you admire, who would it be?
- If you won the lottery, how would you spend your winnings?
- If someone gave you $1,000, how would you spend it?
- If you were in a band, what instrument would you play?
- What is the best thing to do in your hometown?
- Who do you admire the most, and why?
- What was the BEST vacation you ever took?
- What’s the one movie you could watch over and over again?
- What was your favorite job?
- Do you like…?
- Would you buy…?
- What’s the best colour…?
- Have you seen our latest…?
- What’s one thing you can’t live without?
- Who inspires you every day?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- What’s your superpower?
- What’s the best compliment you ever gave?
- What do you think about [recent event]?